Online Video Lectures
Online simulator training
- Proficiency in the acquisition of standard echocardiographic images.
- Identifying normal cardiac and lung anatomy as visualized on ultrasound examination.
- Correlation of POCCUS and LUS with conventional clinical examination for the diagnosis and management of common cardiac and lung disorders.
Who Should take this course ?
Primary audience: Physicians, GP’s and Intensivists
Secondary audience: Interested Surgeons and Radiologists
Eligibility criteria: MBBS or equivalent degree from a recognised medical school.
Dr.(Prof.) Navin C Nanda
MD. DSc(Hon, FACC, FAHA, FASE, FISCU(D)
Distinguished Professor of Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease
UAB Hospital,Birmingham, Alabama
US Board certified, Internal Medicine
US Board certified, Cardiology
US Board certified, Interventional cardiology
Dr.U S Ramjutun
Senior interventional cardiologist
Point of care ultrasound (POCUS) is being increasingly incorporated by clinicians in their routine practice to answer specific diagnostic questions or to optimize performance of invasive bedside procedures.
The hand held ultrasound device (HUS) promises to be the new “stethoscope” which truly lives up to the name stethoscope which has been derived from Greek “stethos” for “chest” and “scopos” for “to view”.
Our good old stethoscope never gave us an ability to view the chest since its discovery by the French physician, Rene Theophile Hyacinthe Laennec in 1816. On the contrary, the hand-held ultrasound (HUS) devices enable us to precisely and accurately view the vital organs inside the body within minutes. They can be used in variety of settings like offices, wards and intensive care units. Standards for training and assessing hospitalists are yet to be established considering the accuracy in diagnosis and advancements in POCCUS.
Module 1. (4 weeks/12 sessions of 40 min each)
- Assessment of left ventricle & left atrium
- Left ventricle structure & measurements
- Left ventricular global & regional systolic function
- Left ventricular diastolic function
- Left atrial structure & measurement
Module 2. (2 weeks/6 sessions of 40 minutes each)
- Assessment of right ventricle & right atrium
- Right ventricle structure & measurement
- Right ventricular function
- Assessment of right atrial structure
- Measurement of right atrial pressures
This course will have formative and summative assessments.
- Formative assessments (MCQ format) are part of every module to provide you with ongoing feedback.
- Summative assessment (MCQ format) will be available post completion of online modules for final evaluation.
A 'Certificate of Achievement' will be issued by International Society of Cardiovascular Ultrasound on successful completion of summative assessment with a minimum score of 70% mark
* Applicant should enclose a valid MBBS or equivalent degree from the medical council of the country of practice. If the applicant is final year medical student, should enclose a letter from the dean of medical school.
* Kindly note that all the applications shall be screened and selected by the course director(s), At any given point of time, during the course, if found ineligible or proved to have provided inadequate or irrelevant documents, learner’s access to the course can be withdrawn.
No, This course has been specifically designed to train non-cardiology physicians and general practitioners in the use of POCCUS & LUS as part of their clinical examination for patients with suspected common cardiac & lung diseases.
This is a ‘Blended’ learning program. Online course can be accessed on laptop/ desktop/ tablet/ mobile with good internet connection and you need to attend hands on workshop in Mauritius for a period of 24 hours scheduled as either 6 hrs over 4 days or 8 hrs over 3 days. The days will be finalized depending on availability , mutual convenience and first come first served basis. The program is available for a duration of 3 months from your date of joining the course.
Once you complete the enrollment process, you will be provided with a unique enrollment number and login details to mediknit.org. If in case, you haven’t received the same within 3 working days from enrollment, please feel free to call us on +91 78997 23391 or write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
All assessments are online MCQ based and there will be an offline assessment by mentors during hands on workshop after which you will be able to download your certificate.
The final online test will be unlocked as soon as you complete all the lectures. It will only be available for total of 3 months or the course duration (whichever is longer) from your date of joining the course.
Three attempts, third attempt will be released on email request only.
Once you successfully pass your final exam, you can download the ISCU accredited certificate from Mediknit.org and also will receive a hard copy of the same. If you need assistance, please feel free to call on +91 78997 23391.
What is the importance of this certificate? Is it like an additional degree? Can I apply for credit points from this certificate at the medical council at this point?
This course completion certificate is issued by Mediknit and the course being delivered by well-renowned clinical experts in the field of cardiology. Presently, there are no credit points accredited to any university / medical body for this course.
No. We do not provide any placement assistance or guarantee.